Thursday, January 31, 2008
Monday, January 28, 2008
Regimen - Hippocrates
Wednesday, January 23, 2008
Thursday, January 17, 2008
The Homemade Wheel
Free movement exercises are much better for midline stabilization than machines. F*ck an Ab Lounge or any other crunch machines.
STEP YOUR FITNESS GAME UP!
Tuesday, January 15, 2008
21-15-9 reps for time:
225 lbs Deadlift
I'm both shocked and stoked about it. Feels good either way though.
I also wanted to share this article...
Myostatin Drugs 4x > Steroids, Without Harmful Side Effects?
GET BIG! GET BIG! GET BIG!
Friday, January 11, 2008
as of 2008 0101 i am a 22 year old Filipino/Spanish male standing at 5'5", weighing in at 140 lbs (63.6kg). i don't eat poorly, but it's not that great either. (that statement is based on what my peers eat)
according to a Bod Pod test in late December 2007 my BF% is 6.7% meaning i carry 9.4 lbs of fat with a lean tissue weight of 130.6. the Bod Pod also concluded that my BMR is 1561. given that i have an "Active" activity level, then my BMR goes up to 2716. if i set my macronutrient ratios to 40/30/30 (CHO/Pro/Fat, respectively) then i should be eating
CHO 1086cal / 272g
Pro 815cal / 204g
Fat 815cal / 91g
i take a daily Centrum multi and a fish oil pill. on days i feel my immune system is weak (i carry stress and seem to get sick in the throat/neck area most) i will take anywhere from 500mg to 2000mg, which was recommended to me by a "wellness specialist".
sleep is my biggest "limit" (i don't like the word "weakness"). it's very hard for me to keep a set schedule. i am currently attempting to reset my circadian rhythm.
my occupation is being a personal trainer for my gym Foundation Fitness / Rain City CrossFit.
[ MORE HERE ]
Thursday, January 10, 2008
My demo workout, which I shall dub 'Kill Grip'
3rds for time:
20 KB Swings, 16 kg
10 C&J, 95lbs
(the official version will be 5rds, 20kg kb, and hspu will be with the parallettes)
Afterwards we held an inagural workout which I have named 'Roxanne'
21-15-9 reps for time:
KB Swing, 20kg
Box Jumps, 20"
Push Press, 95lbs
I am very excited for the rest of the year. Foundation Fitness is now my full-time job and I can't wait to build our rep as a gym!
On the 7th Tammy, Mike, and myself did the hero wod 'Josh'.
21 OHS, 95lbs
15 OHS, 95lbs
9 OHS, 95lbs
Tammy 15:?? M (45lbs, jumping)
Mike 10:07 M (45lbs, jumping)
i tore my hands up pretty nicely as well. didn't hurt so much at first because i didn't notice them, but during my cool down i looked at my hands and noticed the tears. the only other time i've ever torn was in high school gymnastics. i'm surprised that within my first year of CrossFit it didn't tear me up sooner!
Saturday there will be a CrossFit Total at Level 4 CrossFit Seattle. We will help run the event and hopefully I'll be able to compete as well!
Too bad I didn't prepare )=
Results will be posted Saturday night. Stay posted!
Here's a video of Cyril Raffaelli, a trickster/traucer/stuntman/martial artist. You may recognize his face. Click his name to see his profile on IMDB
Finally, here's an article about making your own vanilla extract!
Saturday, January 05, 2008
Sheena, Mike and myself warmed up, played with the C2 a bit and then went through some skills. Weird thing is we all finished our respective workouts at (nearly) the same time.
10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 rep rds for time:
Push Press, 45lbs
KB SDLHP, 1 pood
KB Swings, 1 pood
21-15-9 rep rds for time:
DB Push Press, 30lbs
KB SDLHP, 8kg
KB Goblet Squat, 8kg
KB Swing, 8kg
10-Min KB Swing Test (CF Style)
Andrew 208, 16kg
I still want to workout today. Maybe after the Seahawks game because I'm gonna have some people over.
Thursday, January 03, 2008
Wednesday, January 02, 2008
from one of my favorite sites, Modern Forager:
Given that the calendar just ticked over to January 1st, 2008, there are a lot of resolutions to eat better and lose weight. Here are ten things to remember as you embark on your health journey.
- Junk food doesn’t exist; there is junk and there is food.
- Similarly, real food has no nutrition label. Food products have nutrition labels.
- If a label tells you how healthful the product inside is, it’s probably not. Don’t be deceived by marketing.
- Sugar is detrimental to your body in more ways than you can count.
- Organic/natural junk is still junk. Thirty grams of sugar from honey is not more healthful than 30g of sugar from other sources.
- If you are wondering if you should eat more vegetables, the answer is yes. I don’t care how many you eat, you should probably eat more.
- Similarly, you should probably sleep more. Turn off the TV and go to bed. Given the quality of most TV programming, you aren’t going to miss anything of importance.
- Don’t let “I can’t afford organic” keep you from eating enough produce. Organic vegetables are best. However, eating conventional is better than not eating produce at all.
- You’re human and you will eat something too sugary and too carby. Don’t stress; just get back on the wagon.
- And finally: health is a lifelong journey, not a quick-fix. Find something you can stick with.
Anybody have any to add?----
SEE YOU ALL AT THE FOUNDATION FITNESS GRAND OPENING!
Tuesday, January 01, 2008
185lbs - 205lbs - 225 lbs - 250lbs - 255lbs
95lbs - 110lbs - 115lbs - 120lbs - 130lbs
225lbs - 285lbs - 315lbs - 320lbs - 320 lbs
Grant's back was still recovering from Elizabeth so he couldn't go on with the deadlifts (the eccentric phase was killing his back)