Thursday, January 10, 2008

Grand Opening Results

The grand opening of Foundation Fitness/ Rain City CrossFit was a complete success. Although everyone who RSVP'ed didn't show up, others were there to fill the spots, eat the pizza and drink the beers.

My demo workout, which I shall dub 'Kill Grip'



3rds for time:
20 KB Swings, 16 kg
15 Pullups
10 C&J, 95lbs
5 HSPU

(the official version will be 5rds, 20kg kb, and hspu will be with the parallettes)



Afterwards we held an inagural workout which I have named 'Roxanne'

21-15-9 reps for time:
Pullups
Burpees
KB Swing, 20kg
Box Jumps, 20"
Push Press, 95lbs




I am very excited for the rest of the year. Foundation Fitness is now my full-time job and I can't wait to build our rep as a gym!

----


On the 7th Tammy, Mike, and myself did the hero wod 'Josh'.

For Time:
21 OHS, 95lbs
42 Pullups
15 OHS, 95lbs
30 Pullups
9 OHS, 95lbs
18 Pullups

Andrew 9:53
Tammy 15:?? M (45lbs, jumping)
Mike 10:07 M (45lbs, jumping)

i tore my hands up pretty nicely as well. didn't hurt so much at first because i didn't notice them, but during my cool down i looked at my hands and noticed the tears. the only other time i've ever torn was in high school gymnastics. i'm surprised that within my first year of CrossFit it didn't tear me up sooner!

----

Saturday there will be a CrossFit Total at Level 4 CrossFit Seattle. We will help run the event and hopefully I'll be able to compete as well!

Too bad I didn't prepare )=

Results will be posted Saturday night. Stay posted!

----

Here's a video of Cyril Raffaelli, a trickster/traucer/stuntman/martial artist. You may recognize his face. Click his name to see his profile on IMDB



----

Finally, here's an article about making your own vanilla extract!

No comments: