from one of my favorite sites, Modern Forager:
Given that the calendar just ticked over to January 1st, 2008, there are a lot of resolutions to eat better and lose weight. Here are ten things to remember as you embark on your health journey.
- Junk food doesn’t exist; there is junk and there is food.
- Similarly, real food has no nutrition label. Food products have nutrition labels.
- If a label tells you how healthful the product inside is, it’s probably not. Don’t be deceived by marketing.
- Sugar is detrimental to your body in more ways than you can count.
- Organic/natural junk is still junk. Thirty grams of sugar from honey is not more healthful than 30g of sugar from other sources.
- If you are wondering if you should eat more vegetables, the answer is yes. I don’t care how many you eat, you should probably eat more.
- Similarly, you should probably sleep more. Turn off the TV and go to bed. Given the quality of most TV programming, you aren’t going to miss anything of importance.
- Don’t let “I can’t afford organic” keep you from eating enough produce. Organic vegetables are best. However, eating conventional is better than not eating produce at all.
- You’re human and you will eat something too sugary and too carby. Don’t stress; just get back on the wagon.
- And finally: health is a lifelong journey, not a quick-fix. Find something you can stick with.
Anybody have any to add?----
SEE YOU ALL AT THE FOUNDATION FITNESS GRAND OPENING!