EAT REAL FOOD.
Let’s keep it simple: Eat real foods, preferably in their natural state. I think it’s pretty easy to figure out what is “food” and what isn’t. A few things to remember:
- Food grows and dies. It isn’t created.
- Food rots, wilts, and becomes generally unappetizing, typically rather quickly.
- Food doesn’t need an ingredient label (and probably isn’t in a package either).
- Food doesn’t have celebrity endorsements.
- Food doesn’t make health claims.
Let’s give some foods this simple test and see if we should eat them:
- Broccoli - Most certainly a real food
- Steak - Deliciously real food, straight off the cow
- Oreo cookies - Hold while I read the ingredients. Are you serious?
- Eggs - Bingo
- Walnuts - Check
- Spaghetti - I don’t recall seeing a spaghetti tree on my last hike
- Pop-Tarts - Just seeing if you’re paying attention
- Pasteurized/Homogenized Milk - Nope, not in its natural state
- Raw Milk - Yep, real food, naturally
It's so easy, but today's society wants to make it so difficult. Stop playing into the hype! Real food will put you into the best state in your life.